SEO Services – Toronto
What is SEO?
SEO, also known as Search Engine Optimization, is a process that increases traffic to your website fromorganic search engine results.
It sounds easy enough but there’s a catch: search engines frequently change their ranking criteria (algorithms), making SEO a moving target.
Types of SEO
SEO techniques fall into two categories. The first, “On-Page SEO,” involves optimizing any content that lives on your web pages. The second, “Off-Page SEO,” takes place outside your web pages.
Elements of On-Page SEO include:
- Web Content – Optimizing any text on your web pages that people read and search engines crawl. Doing so makes your web content easy to find in search engines. Optimizing web content requires:
Optimizing other elements on your web pages — blogs, images, videos, and links – also yields attractive results.
Elements of Off-Page SEO may include:
- Local SEO: Google Local, also called Google Maps, may be the most popular form of Local SEO. Unlike Google’s traditional search engine results, Google Local separates listings into purely regional results, letting you “geo-target.” In other words, you choose which city you appear in. For instance, Google directs those searching for a “Martial Arts Club in Toronto” to the following Google Local Results . Like any organic or paid result, the local result also links to your website. Seeking a local audience? This is the SEO technique for you.
- Online Classifieds: Not only do online classifieds let you list products and services in relevant categories, they also help SEO efforts, driving relevant web traffic and letting you “geo-target.” Craigslist and Kijiji are prime examples, both averaging millions of unique visitors per month.
Craigslist and Kijiji lead the pack but countless other sites offer online classifieds able to boost your SEO. For maximum results, your ads should be written specifically for SEO and regularly updated
- Local Directories: Like Google Local, local directories target specific towns and cities. For instance, if your business serves North York, Ontario, you can submit your site to a North York Directory. Most major North American cities have directories people use to find – you guessed it – local services.
- Niche Directories: Instead of geographic areas, niche directories target specific areas of interest. Running a martial arts club? Try listing it in amartial arts club directory.
It’s important to note that some directory listings are free while others are fee-based.
- Link Building: SEO is, in many ways, one big popularity contest. Link building, an often-overlooked SEO strategy, is the best way to win. In the eyes of Google and other search engines, high-quality links to your site function as “votes.” They view incoming links as key indicators of a website’s authority. Search engines rank “authoritative” sites higher.
- Press Releases: Well-written Press Releases get distributed across online media outlets and search engines. The result: media exposure, back-links and significant traffic to your website. On or off your website, press releases are an effective SEO strategy.
- Article Marketing: Articles can do more than inform; they can be optimized for SEO, targeting specific keywords and industries. That makes them easier to find in search engine results, increasing your traffic and, ideally, leads. Articles can help your SEO on your own site, on other sites or via directories.
- Social Media: Blogs, Twitter and Facebook are more than just fads or ways to chat with friends. They’re powerful marketing tools that appear high in search results and must be optimized for SEO. Any relevant connection to social media grants you increased exposure, significant traffic and greater chances at conversions.
Using the above On-Page and Off-Page techniques will impact and vastly improve your SEO efforts.
Contact us today for a friendly and pressure-free consultation. On or off-page, proper SEO keeps you on the ball.