Content Analysis Services
What is a content analysis?
A content analysis (or web content analysis) is a review of your web pages’ text. It determines if your text meets target audience expectations, search engine content guidelines and SEO best practices.
From a user’s point of view, a content analysis examines:
- How your web content fits together
- What, if anything, is missing
- What, if anything, can be improved
- If your web content is easy to understand (i.e. jargon-free)
Recommendations may include rewriting web content to be more user-friendly and/or offering more efficient ways of finding it on your site (i.e. by topic, internal search, sitemap, etc.)
From a readability point of view:
Is your site easy on the eyes? If not, you may lose visitors quickly. A content analysis examines your web content’s scannability and viewability, keeping in mind that:
- 79 per cent of users scan web pages rather than read word-by-word
- Web content should have half the word count of a paper equivalent
- Reading from a computer screen is 25 per cent slower than print
- Effective web content is written at a Grade-8 reading level
Recommendations may include using headlines, sub-headlines, lists, bullets and adjustable font sizes, just to name a few.
From an SEO point of view:
You can’t grow your web traffic if users can’t find your site. From an SEO standpoint, a content analysis determines whether your web content isfindable in search engines by reviewing your use of:
- title tags
- description tags
- keyword tags
- header tags
- popular and relevant keywords and phrases
- descriptive and keyword-rich link text
Recommendations may include keyword research to determine the best keywords to use and/or optimizing meta tags (title, description and keyword tags) for better and more targeted search engine results.
Contact us today for a friendly and pressure-free quote. The first step toward building an effective site is making it user-friendly and we’re here to help.